Friday, May 20, 2011

Softies #1 Tutorial

Hi Everyone!

I'm super excited to post my first Tattered Pear Blog post! It's Friday I hope you all have some scrapping time set aside this weekend! I'm going to talk to you today about a few different ways to use Softies #1.
There are so many ways to use these, the possibilities are just endless! Here's a page I did with them

I have pockets on pockets here, literally. The clear page overlay is from Valorie and Lauren as well new today at The Lily Pad. I wanted to create a peek a boo page for my 2 year old because right now that is his favorite thing in the world to do!

My layout here is 12x12 and the first thing I did was use a plain white paper as a base. I then added the red, brown and patterned papers and journaled. Once I had that done I decided where I wanted my photos and positioned them. Now the fun stuff-the pockets! I chose 3 pockets from the set and arranged them to my liking. I placed one (in the upper left hand corner) over my photo and added a sticker in the right hand corner (where it says "giggle"). The second and third pockets I filled with the awesome fabric that's included with them (ask Val how much I love her fabric..I am always nagging her to make more) and placed a button over the stitching on the large one in the bottom right hand corner. These pockets are actually on TOP of my page protector, so if you really wanted to get creative and make it more of a hybrid project you could use raised glue dots  on them once your printed the base and store things in there. I think that's what I'm going to do with this page!

These are so fun to play with..I can't wait to make another page with them! Here are a few helpful hints...

 Play with layers! You can add your fabrics (or several) underneath the pockets just be sure they are on a layer below the pocket you are working with. You can also tuck photos into the pocket by simply erasing the bottom part of the photo so it appears to be sticking out of the top. You can also add buttons, additional stitching, labels, stickers....you name it! We would love to see what you create!

Since it's Friday and I love Friday's let's have some fun! If you create a layout with these and post back here with a link to them we will enter everyone who participates into a drawing on Tuesday to win a GC to TLP store!

If you have any questions, please post away in the comment section and we will check back throughout the weekend to answer them.

Have fun and Happy Scrapping!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment